- Urban development cannot be at the cost of green landscape.
- No settlement of rives rain lands.
- Stricter policy on land transfers.
- Decongestion of business and transport centers.
- Earthquake proof vertical urban expansion.
- Encourage micro level non-conventional energy generation methods.
- Priorities corrective actions in MDDA plan, include rehabilitation plans where needed.
- Zonation concept should be finalized only after identifying land capability classes and conducting environmental impact assessment for various options.
- Plan economic, transport and industrial development within the limits of acts for conservation of natural resources and environment.
- Prevent encroachments.
- Plan provisions must be enforced.
- Develop new industries outside dun valley to avoid further threat to environment.
- List permissible economic development activities in dun valley and Assign priorities.
- Emphasis on non-consumptive use of forests in Dehradun and Mussoorie.