In last 2-3 years our organization has done a commendable job in the field of building infrastructure providing facilities including the transportation. MDDA as a development agency has initiated various projects; few of the important projects are as under.:
- HNB Parking and Shopping complex cum parking complex.
- RAJIV Gandhi Multipurpose Project including parking facility.
- Housing projects of nearly 1500 housing units including EWS category initiated.
- River front development project to protect and beautify Bindal and Rispana rivers of Dehradun.
- Dehradun is among the front runners to be nominated for Smart City project of Government of India.
- World Class PRTS from Transport Nagar to Sai Temple Rajpur Road.
- Maintenance of almost all parks in the city.
- Construction of Foot over bridges and Chain Link Fencing in Rispana and Bindal Rivers.
- Creating Harrawala as satellite railway station to decongest Dehradun city
MDDA also initiated various projects on PPP model by allowing the private partners to build infrastructure which are mentioned as under:
- Intelligent parking management for clock tower and Dispensary Road Parking.
- Kishan Nagar Junction redevelopment Plan.
- Installation of Pre Cast Median at various places in Dehradun city.
- New Road Beautification Project.
- Initiated installation of 30 smart poles across the city.
- Initiated installation of smart traffic signal system.
MDDA, also initiated various projects for improvement of traffic and transportation condition in the city, some of the proposed and underway projects are as follows:
- Construction of Subway at clock tower, Doon hospital junction, SSP office Y junction, Cananl road Y Junction (near Great Value Hotel), Araghar Y Junction, Variable Messaging signboards.
- To Increase road safety new medians/Dividers have been constructed in Dehradun city and along with that streetlights have also been installed for eg. Near Darshan Lal Chowk, Near Nainy Bakery.
- MDDA also initiated a program to redevelop the critical road junctions in Dehradun and Mussoorie City. MDDA successfully completed the redevelopment program of Buddha Chowk Multi Leg Junction and Girisih Bhadri Multi leg junction. Widening of Library Junction area has been completed & Redevelopment of Library junction in Mussoorie is under construction.
- For Buddha Junction redevelopment plan & Library Junction Widening project CSR funds allotted by HUDCO were utilized.
- MDDA, modernized its plan approval process by making the process online in nature, this move by VC MDDA increased the number of plans approved per month and also increased transparency in working scenario.