Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority was awarded “India Pride Award 14-15” by “Hon. Finanacial Minister Shri Arun Jately” for its remarkable work done in Urban Infrastructure Development category among many PSUs.
MDDA was nominated for the award for remarkable work done despite of geographical and structural challenges faced in the process which are as follows:
- Paperless system for Map Processing.
- Constructing junctions at different places in the city.
- Parking facility at different places like HNB Complex at Clock Tower and Rajeev Gandhi Complex.
- Widening of Chakrata Road and Dispensary Road.
- Construction of Buddha Chowk, Lansdowne Chowk, Mussoorie Diversion Chowk and IT Park Chowk.
- Extension of Mussoorie Library.
- Maintenance of almost all parks in the city.
- Construction of Foot over bridges and Chain Link Fencing in Rispana and Bindal Rivers.
Winner was decided not only on the basis of work done, but it was also decided upon the financial status and functioning.