In last 2-3 years our organization has done a commendable job in the field of building infrastructure providing facilities including the transportation. MDDA as a development agency has initiated various projects; few of the important projects are as under:
- HNB Parking and Shopping complex cum parking complex.
- RAJIV Gandhi Multipurpose Project including parking facility.
- Housing projects of nearly 1500 housing units including EWS category initiated.
- River front development project to protect and beautify Bindal and Rispana rivers of Dehradun.
- Dehradun is among the front runners to be nominated for Smart City project of Government of India.
- World Class PRTS from Transport Nagar to Sai Temple Rajpur Road.
- Maintenance of almost all parks in the city.
- Construction of Foot over bridges and Chain Link Fencing in Rispana and Bindal Rivers.
MDDA also initiated various projects on PPP model by allowing the private partners to build infrastructure which are mentioned as under:
- Four foot over bridges are under construction in Dehradun city. The construction of FOB at Tehsil Junction is on the verge of completion.
- On PPP Basis installation of Chain Link fencing on all the bridges on River Rispana and river Bindal is also under progress.
MDDA also initiated various projects for improvement of traffic and transportation condition in the city, some of the proposed and underway projects are as follows:
- Construction of Subway at clock tower, Doon hospital junction, SSP office Y junction, Canal road Y Junction (near Great Value Hotel), Araghar Y Junction, Variable Messaging signboards.
- MDDA also initiated a program to redevelop the critical road junctions in Dehradun and Mussoorie City. MDDA successfully completed the redevelopment program of Buddha Chowk Multi Leg Junction and Girisih Bhadri Multi leg Junction. Widening of Library Junction area has been completed & Redevelopment of Library junction in Mussoorie is under construction.
- For Buddha Junction redevelopment plan & Library Junction Widening project CSR funds allotted by HUDCO were utilized. MDDA modernized its plan approval process by making the process online in nature, this move by VG MDDA increased the number of plans approved per month and also increased transparency in working scenario.